Saturday, July 15, 2006

Eric Sink on coding addiction

Hi, my name is Ivan, and I'm a coding addict.

Eric's post is really about WPF but he starts with admiting his addiction so I thought I do the same. I have to admit that I feel ill when I don't write enough code during a day. Couple of days like that and I'm ready to go nuts. I remember after my 8th grade (I was 14 years old at the time) I went to a vacations with my family and each day there I wrote Zilog Z80 assembler programs on paper (and of course I read loads of SF) The absolutely first thing I did when we came back home was to turn on my faithful ZX Spectrum and type it all in. I think it was an intro (as demos were called back then) that did some cool image manipulation (or it seemed cool at the time :) IIRC it translated correcly and worked right from the start but I had to tweak it some more to get an even cooler effect (or it seemed cooler at the time :)

No comments: